Air France FAQ's
1. What security checks are done on my luggage?
According to the laws imposed by french security, the checks done security measures have multiplied. Random checks may also be implemented on the luggage. Labels will be provided by the security personnel if you don't have any, and you should carry weight based on the maximum weight allowed in flight.
2. What membership cards are offered by Air France?
Air France offers three discount passes-
- The France-Europe-North Africa discount pass.
- The West Indies-French Guiana-Reunion discount pass
- Combined discount pass.
You can find details about the pass on the official website. https://www.airfrance.com/indexCom_en.html
3. Can I be denied boarding if my name or title on the booking does not match the details on my photo identity card?
Yes, the name and the surname that is mentioned in your identification proof which is presented at the time of verification should match with the name and the surname that you have used for booking the tickets, incase both the name or the surname does not match Air France can stop the passenger from boarding.
4. What is required to enter the airport terminal and check-in at the counter?
In order to enter the airport terminal, you would require some important documents like your identification proof and a print out of the ticket, while for the check-in counter you would require your passport, identification proof, and Visa if required. Air France can stop a passenger from boarding if the passengers do not possess their identification proof. In case you are travelling somewhere within the Europe, they you need to can carry their Govt Id Card, voter id, driving licence, passport etc for identification.
5. What is allowed in cabin baggage on Air France?
The cabin baggage that is allowed in Air France differs for the different classes. In
Economy Class, the carry on baggage or the cabin baggage should not exceed more than 12 kgs while for the Premium Class the carry on or the cabin baggage should not be more than 18 kgs. The liquid in the carry on baggage should not be more than 100ml. Passengers can also carry a coat, jacket, umbrella, medical equipment like a wheelchair etc.
6. Can we carry food and alcohol is allowed in Air France flight?
The airfare of Air France includes snacks and meals for all the destinations so carrying extra food in the flight is not necessary. Air France also serves complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks onboard, but alcoholic beverages are only served in the flights whose flying hours is more than ten and a half hours and a buffet is open through the entire flight in which you have to help yourself to serve.
7. How can I pre-book Air France extra baggage and its charges?
While booking the tickets online for Air France through its official website where you can request for the extra baggage. The charges for the extra baggage differs as per the extra kgs. There are different prices for different classes in case of extra baggage assistance. The charges are there mentioned on the official website according to which you can easily put up your request and can pay the charges for extra baggage beforehand.
8. How can I get discounted coupons for Air France airlines?
There are many portals for booking air tickets online for Air France which generally gives discounts. The official website also gives various discounts if the tickets are booked through the website.
9. Does Air France have WIFI?
In Air France, only the aircrafts Boeing 787 has free wifi and inflight entertainment which helps you in watching movies, web series etc.
10. Does Air France provide food? veg /non-veg. And can I carry my own snack onboard to eat?
The food and snacks in Air France are included in the fare itself, hence, you need not have to carry snacks onboard. Air France provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items.
11. How I can make a reservation with direct Air France airlines?
The official website is the most preferred option for making a reservation directly. However, there are many online portals as well in which the passenger just has to fill the starting point, destination, journey date, no. of passengers and the class in order to book a ticket.
12. How can do date change in Air France airlines flight?
After booking the tickets the date of the journey can easily be altered by contacting the airline Air France directly. The journey date can be altered easily but the same depends upon the availability of the seats, no. of days left for the journey etc. In case there are some additional charges that the passenger has to pay then the same is done online itself.
13. What is the direct phone number of Air France airlines customer care?
The direct phone number for the customer care of Air France is +33 (0)9 69 39 36 54.
14. What onboard services will Air France offer?
Air France serves different kinds of meals in different classes. They have a different menu for the kids. They serve snacks, meals, hot and cold beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc which depends upon the duration of the flight hours.
15. If I am denied boarding, am I liable to receive compensation?
Air France constantly works and looks after so that no customer is denied boarding and even a situation arises then necessary arrangements are made so that the passenger doesn't face any difficulty. The services offered are seeking volunteers, compensation is awarded to those passengers who are willing to take the next scheduled flight, accommodation charges are also paid if availed by the passenger, etc.
16. Can I interline my Air France flight with other domestic and/or international airlines?
17. How to book tickets for Air France airlines?
Booking tickets for Air France is very easy, you can simply log on to their official website and fill in the necessary details. Tickets can also be booked through a travel agent or through many other online portals which offers easy discounts.