For the best of deals on tickets and flight bookings, you can visit the official website of the Swiss International Airlines www.swiss.com which is also the only known authentic website available. All the necessary information on the discounts and destinations is available on the website. The website keeps on adding new routes and packages every day so you must visit to grab the best discount.
The Swiss international airline AG which is commonly referred to as was is the Flag Carrier of the country of Switzerland and it is known to operate scheduled services from Europe to North America, South America, Africa and Asia. The airline has its hub at Zurich airport and Geneva Airport is the focus city. The Airline was formed after Swissair bankrupted in 2002. This new airline was built and was formed around this Swissair's regional subsidiary Crossair.
The airline was formed in 2002 after the bankruptcy of Swissair. St that time both Swissair and Crossair were both the parts of the SAirGroup. Cross air later changed its name to Swiss International Airlines and the newly formed Airlines official is started operating from the 31st of March 2002. The airline was initially owned by the institutional investors 61.3%, the Swiss Confederation 20.3%, cantons and communities 12.2% and others 6.2%.
The airline was founded on the 31st of March 2002. The main hub is Zurich Airport and the focus city is at the Geneva Airport. The popular frequent flyer program of the align is miles and more and now it is a member of the star alliance. Edelweiss Air is a subsidiary of the company. With a huge fleet size of 89 highly Advanced accounts and with the company slogan made of Switzerland, the airline of Switzerland the airline is known to connect over 102 in 46 countries across the globe. As of now, the company has over 9000 highly skilled employees. The net revenue earned is about 561 million CHF.
Swiss Destinations and Hubs:
Along with all its subsidiaries and with the codeshare agreements with other Airlines, the airline is known to connect over 102 Destination in Europe, South America, North America and Africa.
Like most of the other Airlines, the Swhic provides all its passengers with some special features.
- Special entertainment and cookies are provided to the children.
- Minors travelling alone are properly taken care of.
- The passengers are allowed to travel with their pets and assistant dogs and there are a special cabin and person who is in charge of their comfort.
- Special assistance is provided to all the passengers who have a problem with mobility.
- All the aircraft have advanced medical types of equipment and first aid kits.
- Through the official website of the airline, you can also book cars and buses for travel. You can also book hotels and tour packages here.
- All the passengers travelling from the airline’s important hubs can avail a special discount.
- You can also manage your bookings and get your boarding pass through the official website of the airline.
Swiss Baggage allowance:
Like most of the other international airlines, the Swiss have some specific Baggage rules which all the passengers will have to follow regardless of the type of ticket.
Hand Baggage: You are allowed to keep Specific Baggage in the cabin.
- Swiss economy: The passengers are allowed to carry one hand baggage with a maximum weight of 8 kgs.
- Swiss Business: The passengers are allowed to carry two pieces of hand baggage with a maximum weight of 8 kgs.
- Swiss first: The passengers are allowed to carry two pieces of hand baggage with a maximum weight of 8 kgs.
For the flight to Europe:
- Classic and Flix: one piece 23 kg baggage is allowed.
- Business: two-pieces with a maximum weight of 32 kg each are allowed.
For international flight:
- Swiss Economy: one piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 23 kgs.
- Swiss Business: 2 piece baggage with a maximum weight of 32 kg age.
- Swiss first: Three pieces of baggage with a maximum weight of 32 kg is.
For extra luggage, you will have to pay in extra at the time of boarding.
Swiss food and beverage:
Like most of the other Airlines, the Swiss allow complimentary drinks and snacks based on the type of ticket.
Swiss special order: the airline also takes special food orders but you will have to inform the airline 48 hours before departure.
You can buy the flight tickets from the official website that has been mentioned above.
There are 3 types of classes:
- Swiss first: The passengers will get priority boarding, elegant necessary such as pyjamas moisturizes, the first-class armchair for long haul flights that can be generously turned to flatbeds, first-class dining, the best entertainment and special amenities.
- Swiss Business: Spacious workplace that can be converted to a bed, excellent dining, best of entertainment, and plenty of space for baggage.
- Swiss economy: You will be having semi recliner seat, high-class hospitality, Best of entertainment, easy check-ins and special meals.
It's very easy to claim Swiss cancellation and Swiss refund call direct phone number of +41 44 564 0000 or visit official site http://www.swiss.com/ manage bookings. You may have the option to refund or cancellation.