Visit the official website at www.elal.co.in for more details about flight bookings and services by the company.
The El Al Israel Airlines Limited was founded in 1948 with headquarters in Ben Gurion Airport of Israel. The company started its business after inauguration by flying from Geneva to Tel Aviv in September of 1948. With serving over 50 destinations the airlines operate domestic and international flights from Israel to Europe, covering the Middle East, America, and Africa from its headquarters at Ben Gurion. It is a commercial airline which has got its aircrafts protected by missile defence system and hence is known among the most secured airlines. Due to the high level of security, to date only one flight could be hijacked and that too without any fatalities the passengers were rescued.
EL AL Airlines History:
In 1948 the first president of Israel Chaim Weizmann came for attending a conference in Geneva and was supposed to get back by an aircraft provided by the government but as Israel was under the imposition of embargo hence an Israeli C-54 military transport aircraft painted with the name EL AL National Aviation Company and it departed from the Ekron Air Base taking Chaim Weizmann back home. From carrying freight and cargo to transporting passengers, the company increased its activities in the market during 1950-1951 and listed in its destination spots few more places like Vienna, Istanbul, Athens, and Nicosia. It celebrated its anniversary on the 31st of July 1950. The airway has helped a lot in the rescue mission of Jews from other countries to Israel setting a record of carrying 1088 passengers in a single aircraft in 1991. The operation was called Solomon.
EL AL Airlines Overview:
The slogan of the company is ’It is not just an airline. It is Israel’ which means ‘The most at home in the world’. Key people of the airway are Amikam Cohen the Chairman and Gonen Usishkin the CEO. It employs over 36,500 people and has 60 destinations to date to cover. The size of the fleet is 43 carrying 4 million passengers and earning revenue of $2.04 billion (dated 2016) covering loss of $80.7 million to a profit of $57 million in the year 2010. EL AL got its first Boeing 747 jet in 1971 and in 1973 another one was delivered to provide non-stop services from Tel Aviv to New York. Later in 1989, it added Poland and Yugoslavia to its list.
El Airlines Destinations and Hubs:
EL AL covers four continents by covering 31 countries serving the cities of North America, Central and southeast of Asia and also the far East. Due to political instability between Saudi Arabia and Isreal, it cannot cover larger parts of Asia as it has no permission to use the airspace of Saudi Arabia. If this continues then EL AL will lose a heavy share market over Asia as other Indian Airlines have been granted permission by Saudi Arabia to use its airspace for travelling to Tel Aviv from New Delhi. It has codeshare agreements with the following airlines ; Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air China, Air Serbia, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Iberia, JetBlue, LATAM Brasil, LOT Polish Airlines, Qantas, S7 Airlines, Swiss International Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Thai Airways, Vietnam Airlines. The only hub is Ben Gurion Airport.
El Airlines Specialties:
Services and comforts provided by El AL are;
- Frequent Flyer Program – The current program is Matmid which has five tiers namely Matmid, Matmid Silver, Matmid Gold, Matmid Platinum, and Matmid TOP Platinum. Bonus tickets, discounts on rented cars, hotels, flight upgrades are provided to members who collect points in the Matmid Tiers.
- Lounge- The six King David Lounges set up for premium class passengers are built in the airports of Ben Gurion International, John F. Kennedy International, Neway Liberty International, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, London Heathrow, and Los Angeles International. They offer various comfort items including snacks and refreshments along with free WIFI access.
- There are four types of classes for passengers belonging to different levels of financial stability like First class (Boeing 747-400 and Boeing 777-200), Business class, Premium economy class, Economy class.
Entertainment in-flight by AVOD screens with streaming iPads and smartphones is provided by an EL AL app.
El Airlines Baggage Allowance:
The baggage allowance rules are quite lenient in this airline where one can take off with Hand Luggage, Matmid Frequent Flyer baggage, Excess baggage or additional baggage at certain prices, Hand baggage, Liquids in Hand, Baggage free travel, carry pets following certain rules. There are policies and help for lost or damaged baggage as well and surely high security checking before letting in the flight. The limit of allowance is 23 kg per person for economy class and 32 kg per person for a premium or business class.
El Airlines Food and Beverages:
The airline has an agreement with Tamam (fully owned) for the supply of kosher meals to the companies. Katit, another fully owned company) supplies meals to the staff and passengers along with refreshments and snacks from time to time.
El Airlines Bookings:
For bookings and other information required flight timings, destinations, services, offers prevailing and discounts one needs to check the official webpage and choose among the various options and facilities provided.
Classes of El Al airlines:
There are four types of classes available on flights;
- Economy Class — The seats are wide enough with space for the leg. Other services include power outlets, in-flight entertainment, type of TV screen, etc.
- Premium Economy Class- This class is better than the previous one in comparison to the size of the seat. It is much wider than the ones in economy class along with greater luggage allowance.
- Business Class- Traditionally for the businessmen, everything is better here starting from the drinks and meals served to full-flat bed seats.
First Class- Booked for celebrities, the staff serving here are highly trained and the standard of everything shoots up to the most.
It's very easy to claim El Al cancellation and El Al refund call direct phone number of +972 3 977 1111 or visit official site http://www.elal.co.il/ manage bookings. You may have the option to refund or cancellation.