Find the complete guide of the Finnair baggage policy and allowance baggage policy. Finnair baggage policy and allowance baggage policy, allowance, fees, restrictions, and charges.
Finnair is the banner transporter and biggest aircraft of Finland, with its base camp in Vantaa on the grounds of Helsinki Airport, it's center. Finnair and its auxiliaries command both local and worldwide air travel in Finland. Its significant investor is the administration of Finland, which claims 55.8% of the offers. Finnair is an individual from the Oneworld aircraft coalition. In 2017, it shipped around 12 million travelers to more than 100 European, 20 Asian, and 7 North American goals. Toward the finish of 2017, the aircraft utilized 5,918 individuals.
Finnair is the 6th most established carrier in the persistent activity. With no lethal or body misfortune mishaps since 1963, Finnair is reliably recorded as perhaps the most secure carrier on the planet (#1 in 2018).
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
*dimensions for the given unit were not provided, automatic conversion occurred
To make the trip as smooth and agreeable as feasible for you and already, it pays off to pack the lightweight stuff light and tight and carry just the most essential things with you into the lodge. Particularly throughout the winter season when many are going with winter covers and with more things by and large, the constrained space for lightweight stuff onboard our airplane will in the general round up or even run out totally.
Please note that our ground crew needs to remove excess baggage to the cargo hold before departure and it may even delay the flight. Especially when the flights are full, removing carry-on baggage is very common.
The number of carry-on baggage items allowed depends on the travel class and ticket booked. Check your allowance below.
Business-class passengers and Finnair plus platinum Lumo, platinum and gold members:
- two pieces of carry-on baggage, maximum dimensions (length x width x height) 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (22 in x 18 in x 10 in)
- one personal item such as a small handbag, a small laptop bag or a small backpack, maximum dimensions (length x width x height) 40 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm (16 in x 12 in x 6 in)
- maximum combined weight 10 kg (22 lb.)
- one piece of carry-on baggage, maximum dimensions (length x width x height) 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (22 in x 18 in x 10 in)
- one personal item such as a small handbag, a small laptop bag or a small backpack, maximum dimensions (length x width x height) 40 cm x 30 cm x15 cm (16 in x 12 in x 6 in)
- maximum combined weight 8 kg (17.5 lb.)
If it's not too much trouble note that our ground group needs to expel abundant things to the load hold before takeoff and it might even postpone the flight. Particularly when the flights are full, expelling lightweight stuff is normal.
The quantity of portable stuff things permitted relies upon the movement class and ticket booked.
You can bring a vital portability help, for example, a stick or elbow supports with you into the plane. Kids have a similar stuff recompense as grown-ups in a similar booking class. Youngsters without a saved seat don't have their own lightweight stuff stipend, however, you can find out about pushchairs and vehicle situates here.
Kindly note that any things you buy at the air terminal, including tax-exempt items, are considered a piece of your portable stuff stipend. If it's not too much trouble to ensure your things are inside the size and weight limits portrayed above – on the off chance that you surpass your recompense, you may need to process in your additional packs and pay for the appropriate charges.
Musical instruments can be taken into the cabin when their dimensions do not exceed normal carry-on baggage (violins for example). Read more about musical instruments here.
How do I store carry-on baggage on board?
To ensure smooth traveling and enough legroom:
- Please place larger items of carry-on baggage, such as trolley bags, in the overhead locker above your seat.
- Personal items, such as handbags, laptop bags, and shopping bags, fit well under the seat in front of you.
- Jackets and coats can be hung up on the hook on the seat in front of you.
Please note that the overhead lockers above the emergency exit rows are reserved for the passengers who are sitting there.
Can I bring liquids into the cabin?
- All drinks
- Liquid or semi-liquid foods: e.g. soup, jam, and honey
- Cosmetics and toiletries: e.g. lotions, perfumes, toothpaste, shower gel, mascara, and lip gloss
- Sprays: e.g. shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
- Contact lens solution
When traveling with restricted liquids, please note:
- You are allowed to bring a maximum of 100 ml of any of the above liquids into the cabin with you.
- The maximum amount of liquid in total that you can carry is 1 liter.
- Liquids must be placed into individual 100 ml containers - larger containers, even if only partly full, are not usually accepted at security.
- All 100 ml containers must fit into a clear, re-sealable plastic bag no bigger than 20 cm x 20 cm /1-liter.
- You are allowed to take 1 plastic bag with you. Bags must be shown at airport security.
Medicines, baby food, and tax-free products:
- You can bring enough medicines for the whole journey. Please take along the prescription.
- You can take enough baby milk and baby food for the whole journey.
- Tax-free goods can be brought to the cabin unopened and sealed in an airport security bag. Please note: if you're transferring onto another flight in a different country, even sealed duty-free bags may be screened again and subject to that country's security rules.
Which other items are prohibited?
The following items are not allowed in the cabin:
- Sharp objects such as knives, scissors, corkscrews, tweezers, and skates
- Matches and lighters
- Lithium-ion batteries over 100 watt-hours
- Lithium metal batteries containing over 2 grams of lithium
Instruments can be taken into the lodge when their measurements don't surpass ordinary portable things (violins for instance). Peruse progressively about instruments here.
All data is pulled from aircraft sites as an asset. Carrier sites are the position and can change whenever. We are not liable for disparities. This page kept going refreshed on 02 June 2019. For the most recent data please visit the accompanying connection.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Are you planning to fly with Finnair? Find solution's you need to know about Finnair baggage allowance, fees and charges and restrictions.
Finnair passengers are permitted to bring on-board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the Finnair overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimetres in combined width, length and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the Finnair overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Baggage must meet carry on size limits of Finnair.
Due to limited overhead space, Finnair passengers travelling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on-board the Finnair aircraft.
Limits apply on certain routes. Visit the Finnair website for more information.
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage.
However, this varies across airports. Visit the Finnair website for more information.
When travelling with Finnair, the most common fees for passengers travelling in a domestic, Finnair may charge some of the extra fees for extra baggage the information given on Finnair official site https://www.finnair.com/.
This may wary between routes. Visit the Finnair website for more information.
When travelling with Finnair, separate excess baggage fees are applied for each limitation you exceed size, weight and quantity. Generally, this varies between geographic regions. Please visit the Finnair website for more information and exact fees.
Finnair permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on Finnair flights. Due to the size of baggage, some of the items may be counted as a standard checked bags. However, Finnair will be considered as overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by Finnair. Please visit the Finnair website directly.
Finnair on and bringing pets on board.
Dogs, cats and household birds (birds are only allowed on domestic Finland flights) can be carried on-board for $125 one way to/ from most destinations. The fee is $200 for travel outside the Finland.
The pets must fit within a carrier box that, in turn, fits under the seat in front. The carrier counts as one piece of Finnair carry-on luggage.
Finnair carry on and Finnair prohibited items.
Items that are not permitted in your Finnair flights cabin baggage include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7,