For the best of deals on tickets and flight bookings, you can visit the official website of TAP Portugal www.flytap.com which is the only non-authentic website available. You will get all the necessary details and data from the official website. The website keeps on adding new packages and discounts every day.
TAP Portugal is the flag Carrier Airlines of Portugal and has its headquarters at the Lisbon airport which also serves as its main hub. TAP has been a well-known member of the Star Alliance since 2005 and has been operating on an average of 2500 flights a week to over 87 destinations in 34 countries worldwide. The company has an overall free size of 90 across out of which 68 are manufactured by Airbus. Angel 2015, the airline was semi privatized and became majority-owned by the Atlantic Gateway consortium. As of February 2016, the company is owned 50% by the Portuguese state, 45% by the Atlantic gateway consortium and the rest 5% by the shareholders and employees at TAP Portugal.
TAP Portugal History:
The airline was founded on the 14th of March 1945 began all its commercial services from the 19th of September 1946 with its maiden flight from Lisbon to Madrid using a Douglas DC-3. The airline entered its Jet era on July 1962 with three Sud Aviation Caravelle which were operated among the most competitive air routes in Europe. The company changed its name from TAP Air Portugal to TAP Portugal in February 2005 after becoming na member of the Star Alliance.
TAP Portugal overview:
The airlines started its operations from the 19tb of September 1946 with its main hub at Lisbon airport and Porto airport. Madeira Airport is the focus of City. TAP Miles and Go is the most popular frequent flyer program. With its huge fleet size of 86 highly advanced aircraft and with the slogan With Arms Wide Open, the company is known to connect over 87 destinations worldwide. As of now, the company has over 7300 highly skilled employees. The net revenue earned by the company was nearly 23 million euros.
TAP Portugal Destinations and hubs:
As of June 2017, the airline serves 87 destinations in 34 countries across the continents of Europe, Africa, North America and South America and with some domestic routes in European and African destinations which are operated by the subsidiary TAP Express. According to a recent survey, the TAP Portugal is supposed to launch 15 new routes this year.
For more details on the destinations and hubs, you can visit the official website which has been mentioned above.
TAP Portugal Specialties:
Like most of the other airlines, TAP Portugal provides all its passengers with some special features.
- The aircraft is equipped with the modern medical types of equipment and first aid kits.
- Special assistance is provided to the passengers who have a disability in mobility or with other disabilities.
- Pregnant women are taken proper care of.
- All the unaccompanied minors are taken care of from the boarding time to the arrival time.
- Pets and assistance dogs are allowed in the flight under the special care of expert people who will take care.
- You can also so book hotels, cars and restaurants from the official website.
TAP Portugal Baggage Allowance:
Like most of the other Airlines, TAP Portugal has some specific baggage rules which all the passengers will have to follow.
- Economy: The economy class passengers are allowed to carry one piece of handbags with a maximum weight of 8 kgs.
- Business-class: The business class passengers are allowed to carry two pieces of hand baggage with a maximum weight of 8 kg each m
- The top executive class Passengers are allowed to carry 2 pieces of 32 kg checked-in baggage.
- The basic or economy class passengers are allowed to carry one piece of checked-in baggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg.
TAP Portugal food And Beverage:
Unlike most of the other international airlines, TAP Portugal provides all its passengers with complimentary food and drink but it varies on the type of seating.
The executive class passengers get to choose from a wide range of food menu and bar menu.
TAP Portugal Special Meal: The passengers can also order a special meal but they will have to inform the authorities 48 hours before departure.
TAP Portugal Booking:
You can book the tickets from the official website that has been mentioned above or from any other booking website.
TAP Portugal classes:
There are two types of classes:
- Economyclass: semi recliner seats for LED screen for music and entertainment and duty-free shopping.
- Executive class: You can enjoy from your choice of cuisine, preloaded music and movie in the LED screen, mood lighting and lie-flat seat with headrest for total comfort.
It's very easy to claim TAP Portugal cancellation and TAP Portugal refund call direct phone number of +351 218 431 100 or visit official site http://www.flytap.com/ manage bookings. You may have the option to refund or cancellation.