For the best of deals on tickets and flight bookings, you can visit the official website of Surinam airways www.flysly.com which is only the authentic website available. All the necessary information and details are available on the website. The website keeps on adding new packages and discounts every day so you must visit them.
The Surinam Airways which is also known by its initials as SLM is the flagship career of Suriname which is based in Paramaribo. The airline is known to operate all sorts of regional and long-haul scheduled passenger services. The company has its hub at Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport. Surinam Airways is wholly owned by the Government of Suriname. At one time, the airlines have its headquarters at MrJagemathLachmonstraat 136. After June 2013, the Surinam Airways was the whole owner of both the only terminal airport at the Zanderji Airport and the only company ground handling in that airport.
Surinam Airways History:
The airline was established late in 1953 by the private entrepreneurial Ronald Rudi Kappel and Herman van as the Kappel van Eyck Aviation Company which only operated feeder flights from a domestic network in the locality. The scheduled operations of the airlines started in January 1955 with its first flight serving the Paramaribo and the Moengo route. in 1962, the company was taken over by the Surinamese Government and was later renamed as SLM. From 1964, the airline started its scheduled International operations from Curacao with the ALM Antillean Airlines. After the country's independence in November 1975, the airline was appointed to be the national airline of the Republic of Suriname and thus it also started all its services to Amsterdam using a Douglas DC 863 that was released from the KLM.
Surinam Airways Overview:
The airline was founded in 1953 but started all its operations from 1955. With a small fleet size of 4 aircraft and with the company slogan flying on trusted wings, the airline carrier is known to connect up to 10 destinations in the entire globe. The government of Suriname is the parent company. As of July 2019, the Airlines has four aircraft including 1 Airbus A340-300, 1 Boeing 737-300 and 2 Boeing 737-700 Aircrafts. The airline's main motto is to be the customer’s first choice. The airline is known to have over 600 employees who have been professionally trained.
Surinam Airways Destinations and Hubs:
With its small fleet size, the airline is known to connect over 10 destinations in the world. Some of the popular routes and Destinations are
- Belem do Para, Brasil
- Georgetown – Guyana
- Miami – USA
- Port of Spain – Trinidad
- Sanford Orlando.
For more details on the destinations, hubs and the routes of that the airline follows, you can visit the official website or you can search Google.
Surinam Airways Specialties:
Like most of the other Airlines, Surinam Airways provides all its passengers with some special features.
- There is a provision of chartered flights on request. You will be getting a total flight with all its crew to yourself. This will be your private flight.
- Through its official website, you can also book tickets online or get your boarding passes online.
- Special care and attention are given to minors who are travelling alone.
- The crew members will happily help all the passengers with difficulties in mobility and there is proper wheelchair access.
- The passengers are allowed to travel with their pets provided they have a certificate of the pet.
Surinam Airways Baggage Allowance:
Like all the other Airlines, Surinam Airways has some specific baggage allowance and rules that all the passengers will have to follow for the safety of the flight.
- Economy class: The economy class passengers are allowed to carry one piece checked-in baggage with the maximum weight between 23 to 25 kgs depending on the route.
- Business-class: The business class passengers are allowed to carry 2 pieces of checked-in baggage with the maximum weight of 23-32 kgs per stuk depending on the route.
Carry on baggage:
In addition to all your checked baggage, the passengers are allowed to carry one hand baggage inside the cabin which must not weigh more than 10 kgs and the size should not be more than 115 centimetres.
Surinam Airways Food and Beverage:
Like most of the other Airlines, there is no complimentary food or beverage that is provided along with the ticket. The passengers may buy the food and beverage from the inflight menu and bar respectively by paying in then and there. The business class passengers are entitled to a glass of champagne or drink of their choice while waiting at the lounge.
Surinam Airways booking:
You can book the flight tickets from the official website that has been mentioned above.
Surinam Airways Classes:
There are two types of classes:
- Business-class: The business class passengers will enjoy comfort, privacy and personal attention.
- You will be getting a dedicated check-in counter at the airport.
- A business-class Lounge offering privacy and comfort.
- Priority booking advantage along with baggage retrieval upon arrival.
• Economy class: The economy class passengers will also enjoy the hospitality and a friendly welcome.
It's very easy to claim Surinam Airways cancellation and Surinam Airways refund call direct phone number of +597 465 700 or visit official site www.flyslm.com manage bookings. You may have the option to refund or cancellation.