Find the complete guide of the EgyptAir Airline baggage policy and allowance baggage policy. EgyptAir Airline baggage policy and allowance baggage policy, allowance, fees, restrictions, and charges.
EgyptAir is the flag carrier airline of Egypt. In October 2007, the Chief Executive Board of Star Alliance voted to take EgyptAir as a prospective member, the first airline in an Arab state and the 2nd African one -- following South African Airways -- to combine the airline cooperation. In a ceremony held in Cairo International Airport on 11 July 2008, the carrier became the 21st member of the alliance, nine months after it started the joining process.
EGYPTAIR wishes to inform that because of constraints introduced by the Aviation government, certain things might not be allowed to be taken. To avoid the hassle of getting limited items confiscated, it's necessary that particular things be packed in your checked luggage rather than in your own or in cabin bags. Unfortunately, any things removed by airport screening providers won't be able to be returned to you Simply certain liquids might be taken as hand luggage and they need to be shown in safety.
- The plastic bag must be sealed and introduced separately from the Other carry-on bags in the screening stage
- Liquids in containers of over 100mls could be packed in your checked in luggage.
- There are exemptions for private medicines, infant goods and dietary supplements in liquid, glue, aerosol or gel type.
- Duty free fluids bought from any airline or airport might be carried as hand luggage.
- Your obligation free liquid and reception must be sealed in the time of purchase Within a safety tote with a red border
- Do not start the safety bag until you arrive at your destination
- The safety officer might want to open the safety tote for screening. In the event you've got a connecting flight in a different airport, then please alert the safety officer so that your obligation free liquids might be re-sealed at a new tote.
Preparing for Your Travels
- Passengers are asked to keep in mind the following guidance to make their passing through the airport as comfortable and efficient as possible.
- Before you arrive in the airport, assess any queries that you have with your airline or airport before traveling to the airport.
Medicines and Infant Food
- Essential medications and baby food might be allowed in bigger amounts over the 100ml limitation, please make sure you continue supporting documentation which shows the demand for those drugs during the flight if contested.
- Any infant milk, bottled water or liquid meals might be asked to be tasted from the passenger to confirm it is authentic. EGYPTAIR urges that this is organized before check to prevent unnecessary delays.
- Diabetes associated supplies/equipment might be carried involving syringes, however they'll be inspected to ensure prohibited items aren't hidden.
In the Airport
- Present your fluids separately from other hand bags for screening at safety.
- Exceptionally, safety may open containers or bottles for screening.
- Exceptionally and solely motives, fluids might not be allowed.
Passengers leaving from and inside Egyptian airports are asked to stick to the regulations that were above-mentioned, to equip themselves and present the plastic bag individually from the hand bag to guarantee smooth check-in processes. Vinyl bags 20x20 cm, even if possible before leaving.
- Get prepared to hand on your re-sealable tote of fluids for screening because you approach the security checkpoint. It'll be screened in precisely the exact same period as your cabin bag.
- All coats and coats must be removed prepared to be hammered and metallic objects such as pockets will be put in plastic trays and bought individually.
- If you're carrying a notebook or another big electric item inside your cabin bag then please have it prepared for different screening because you approach the safety check.
- Take note that if travelling to the USA You'll Be exposed to secondary screening prior to boarding the aircraft
South African Airports
- Passengers leaving from South African divisions are asked to stick to this above-mentioned regulations also:
- No tote should exceed these measurements: 56cm + 36cm + 23cm: complete dimensions 115cm.
- Passengers leaving from/via UK airports are asked to stick to this above-mentioned regulations also:
- Musical instruments in their cases will be allowed along with 1 part of cabin luggage.
- Laptops are allowed which will be individually screened.
- Pushchairs/walking aids/wheelchairs are allowed.
- N.B: Passengers flying from/to or through UK airports might be requested to turn on some of the electric or battery-powered devices like phones, tablet computers, e-books and notebooks in the front of the safety teams or demonstrate the product's functionality.
- Please don't bring any broken apparatus on your hand luggage into the airport since they won't be able to travel as planned.
- Clients may also pay a visit to the UK Government site here for the most recent information on flights to and from the united kingdom.
- Passengers leaving from /through USA airports are asked to stick to the above-mentioned laws.
- Items Which may be performed on the airplane in hand luggage:
- A handbag (cash + charge cards)
- Travel documents
- Prescription drugs (just those required to be used on the flight)
- Eyeglasses and sunglasses (with no case)
- Contact lenses with a small Quantity of liquid (minus the bottle to the liquid)
- Keys, however, not digital keys
- Food: sandwich, vegetables, fruit as well as some other product that Isn't liquid; pens and non-liquid pens
- Cigarettes with no milder
- Each one of these things can be kept in the hold of the airplane.
- Wheelchairs and walking aids are also x-rayed.
Please note: nonetheless all the aforementioned checks, additional tests could be reached in the boarding gates.
For obligation free items purchased overseas by passengers coming to the USA and linking to a domestic flight, these passengers need to put those things (liquids/gels) within their checked bags upon arrival and before their connecting flight, even since the items won't be permitted to be transported onto their next connecting flight.
Passengers with purpose flights can buy duty free goods only if they depart the merchandise in Cairo (tax exempt and saved ).
Products which might not be taken on the airplane can't be bought on the airplane by passengers that have continuation flights.
There are no other constraints on products in bags in the hold of the airplane.
N.B: Passengers flying from/to or through USA airport might be requested to turn on some of the electric or battery-powered devices such as phones, tablet computers, e-books and notebooks facing safety teams or demonstrate the product's functionality.
Please do everything you can to make sure that things you bring with you are totally powered until you arrive in the airport.
Please don't bring any broken apparatus on your hand luggage in to the airport since they won't be able to travel as planned.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Are you planning to fly with EgyptAir Airline? Find solution's you need to know about EgyptAir Airline baggage allowance, fees and charges and restrictions.
EgyptAir Airline passengers are permitted to bring on-board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the EgyptAir Airline overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimetres in combined width, length and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the EgyptAir Airline overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Baggage must meet carry on size limits of EgyptAir Airline.
Due to limited overhead space, EgyptAir Airline passengers travelling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on-board the EgyptAir Airline aircraft.
Limits apply on certain routes. Visit the EgyptAir Airline website for more information.
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage.
However, this varies across airports. Visit the EgyptAir Airline website for more information.
When travelling with EgyptAir Airline, the most common fees for passengers travelling in a domestic, EgyptAir Airline may charge some of the extra fees for extra baggage the information given on EgyptAir Airline official site http://egyptair.com/.
This may wary between routes. Visit the EgyptAir Airline website for more information.
When travelling with EgyptAir Airline, separate excess baggage fees are applied for each limitation you exceed size, weight and quantity. Generally, this varies between geographic regions. Please visit the EgyptAir Airline website for more information and exact fees.
EgyptAir Airline permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on EgyptAir Airline flights. Due to the size of baggage, some of the items may be counted as a standard checked bags. However, EgyptAir Airline will be considered as overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by EgyptAir Airline. Please visit the EgyptAir Airline website directly.
EgyptAir Airline on and bringing pets on board.
Dogs, cats and household birds (birds are only allowed on domestic Egypt flights) can be carried on-board for $125 one way to/ from most destinations. The fee is $200 for travel outside the Egypt.
The pets must fit within a carrier box that, in turn, fits under the seat in front. The carrier counts as one piece of EgyptAir Airline carry-on luggage.
EgyptAir Airline carry on and EgyptAir Airline prohibited items.
Items that are not permitted in your EgyptAir Airline flights cabin baggage include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7,