Find the complete guide of the China Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy. China Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy, allowance, fees, restrictions, and charges.
It's based in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and works over 1400 flights per week (such as 91 pure freight flights) to 102 cities around Asia, Europe, North America and Oceania. Holding 19 million passengers and 5700 tons of freight in 2017, the company was the 33rd and 10th largest airline in the world concerning passenger earnings per kilometer (RPK) and cargo RPK, respectively.
China Airlines contains three airline subsidiaries: China Airlines Cargo, a part of SkyTeam Cargo, operates a fleet of freighter aircraft also oversees its own parent airline's cargo-hold capability; Mandarin Airlines operates flights to national and low-demand regional destinations; Tigerair Taiwan is a cheap carrier created by China Airlines and Singaporean airline collection Tigerair Holdings, but is currently completely owned by China Airlines Group.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Cabin luggage is allowed in a plane cabin just if it could be safely stored under the seat or in the overhead bin.
For your benefit, a luggage measurer can be found at either the check counter or the dressing table that will assist you to figure out if your carry-on bags match the quantity requirements. For cottage security reasons, in case your cabin luggage is overweight or oversize, it'll be assessed and transported in the cargo transport.
Along with the above-mentioned cabin bags, each passenger may carry 1 piece of These personal items free of cost:
- Handbag or pocket
- Little camera or set of binoculars
- A fair number of duty-free items
- Notebook computer
- Infant's napkins, feeding bottle and food for consumption in flight
- A moderate amount of reading stuff
- Food for consumption in flight in disposable packaging
Passenger's carry-on multi-functioning bag, inflatable pillow, or alternative travel accessory utilized as an excess footrest for kids to lie down during flight could possibly be utilized on board our flights provided that the directions for use decided by the maker (s) are followed closely.
To ensure safe usage of traveling gadgets to you, please follow all the regulations under:
- Passengers have to notify our booking department to pre-arrange appropriate seats if they would like to utilize the goods onboard.
- Travel Gear might only be utilized at the window chairs (ex. A/K) that aren't adjacent to the emergency escape route and emergency departure.
- Shouldn't damage the aircraft chair while employing the traveling gadgets.
- Shouldn't place a couple of units of traveling gadgets together for kids to lie down. Kids should be accompanied by adults when utilizing the traveling gadgets.
- Once the fasten seat belt sign is switched ON during flight, passengers should guarantee that the seat belts of traveling gadgets are firmly fastened and subsequent cabin team education.
- Particular items
- Mobility aids
- Artificial limbs
- Medical equipment or provides
- Child safety seat
- Baby bassinets and strollers
- You're able to bring little musical instruments (such as flutes or violins) as a part of your hands carry baggage on the airplane if the measurements isn't surpass 100 x 36 x 23cm (height x width x thickness ) rather than over 7 kgs such as the instance and may be safely stored within the overhead or the space beneath your chair as part of your hand luggage allowance.
- You're able to store bigger musical tools if both the size and weight are on the forgoing specification (such as a Bass or a cello) to a bought seat should you not wish to test them . Or check inside as a checked luggage.
- You should store your device in a tricky situation
- Due to temperature variation, expansion and contraction of the throat of stringed instruments might happen. We urge passengers to loosen their strings prior to traveling to stop any damage or strain.
- For airport security, all sharp items should be placed in checked bags. These include any sort of knives, metal nail files, scissors, tweezers, and other related things; If one of these things are located on your carry-on bag, they will be delivered , confiscated, or held from the airport security personnel. China Airlines won't assume any responsibility for this.
Prohibited/Restricted Things in Carry-on Baggage
- Liquid, aerosol, and gel is only going to be permitted in cabin bags if they're stored in containers with volumes of no longer than 100 ml each.
- These containers have to be performed at a transparent, zippered plastic bag. The tote's total volume shouldn't exceed 1 liter.
- Every passenger is permitted to carry just one such plastic tote.
- The bag has to be separated in cabin bags and introduced to safety personnel for person X-ray examination in the checkpoint.
- Medicines and special nutritional requirements, including baby formula
- They're allowed in cabin bags.
- They need to be separated from cabin bags and admitted to safety personnel in the checkpoint.
- Passengers taking prescription medications should bring together identification records (e.g. ID cards, medical certifications ).
- Duty-free buys
Various nations have implemented restrictions on fluids, aerosols and dyes based on the constraints set forth by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Some nations have imposed these limitations on both departing and arriving flights. Passengers are advised to consult duty-free personnel prior to making their purchases. Hence, the passengers will be advised to buy these products after transiting/ moving.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Are you planning to fly with China Airlines? Find solution's you need to know about China Airlines baggage allowance, fees and charges and restrictions.
China Airlines passengers are permitted to bring on-board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the China Airlines overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimetres in combined width, length and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the China Airlines overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Baggage must meet carry on size limits of China Airlines.
Due to limited overhead space, China Airlines passengers travelling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on-board the China Airlines aircraft.
Limits apply on certain routes. Visit the China Airlines website for more information.
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage.
However, this varies across airports. Visit the China Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with China Airlines, the most common fees for passengers travelling in a domestic, China Airlines may charge some of the extra fees for extra baggage the information given on China Airlines official site http://www.china-airlines.com/.
This may wary between routes. Visit the China Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with China Airlines, separate excess baggage fees are applied for each limitation you exceed size, weight and quantity. Generally, this varies between geographic regions. Please visit the China Airlines website for more information and exact fees.
China Airlines permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on China Airlines flights. Due to the size of baggage, some of the items may be counted as a standard checked bags. However, China Airlines will be considered as overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by China Airlines. Please visit the China Airlines website directly.
China Airlines on and bringing pets on board.
Dogs, cats and household birds (birds are only allowed on domestic Taiwan flights) can be carried on-board for $125 one way to/ from most destinations. The fee is $200 for travel outside the Taiwan.
The pets must fit within a carrier box that, in turn, fits under the seat in front. The carrier counts as one piece of China Airlines carry-on luggage.
China Airlines carry on and China Airlines prohibited items.
Items that are not permitted in your China Airlines flights cabin baggage include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7,