Find the complete guide of the Alitalia Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy. Alitalia Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy, allowance, fees, restrictions, and charges.
Alitalia is the flag carrier of Italy. In 2018, it was the twelfth-largest airline in Europe. On 2 May 2017, the airline went into administration after the Italian government officially approved the move. Alitalia serves 97 destinations (as of April 2016). Five other Italian airports have been cities.
Alitalia has been from the SkyTeam alliance since 2009; Alitalia-LAI initially joined in 2001. Alitalia has since organized code-share arrangements with SkyTeam members, enabling passengers to travel into many different destinations (with some or all segments operated by airlines other than Alitalia) using a single Alitalia ticket. In July 2010,
Alitalia also combined Air France, KLM, and Delta's transatlantic Joint Venture, meaning the profits from flights across the Atlantic are shared between both airlines.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
You Are Permitted One Item Of Hand Baggage Weighing No Longer Than 8 Kg And Measuring No More Than 55 cm high, 35 cm wide and 25 cm deep
Size And Weight
The handbags you bring on board along with you may weigh no more than 8 kg and measure no more than 55 cm in height, 35 cm in width, and 25 cm in thickness including handles, side pockets, and wheels. Alitalia also enables you to bring an accessory of your choice in the following:
- Little Backpack
- Notebook or laptop
- Handbag/Small Purse
Fore moving to the boarding gate, check the size and burden of your hand baggage with Alitalia floor personnel or by putting it in among those baggage measurers near the check-in desk. The hand luggage of passengers who don't execute this test might not be accepted onboard.
The ground crew will offer an"Under the seat" tag for a most small bag (no bigger than 36 cm in height, 45 cm in diameter and 20 cm in thickness ) for all national and global Alitalia flights for all destinations, except those operated together with A330 and B777 aircraft.
WARNING: For many excursion destinations there are certain restrictions on the transport of specific items, equipment, or devices. In some specific instances carrying these things in a country might lead to the application of sanctions. For further information, we kindly encourage passengers to verify with the nation's consular government the presence of any possible restriction before passing.
Notice about hoverboards: Please note that from the interest of security for our customer and workers, Small Vehicles Powered by Lithium Batteries, such as Airwheel, solo wheel, hoverboard, mini segway, equilibrium wheel Are not accepted as checked or carry-on baggage
In order to ensure greater comfort onboard and in compliance with security standards, in the event of flights using a high load factor, your hand baggage might be accumulated at the boarding gate to be set in the hold. The airport staff will label the baggage selected and problem the passenger using the reception for luggage recovery. This process isn't followed for intercontinental flights.
Things Prohibited In The Cabin
Things considered dangerous for flight security are not allowed in the cabin, such as scissors, pencil sharpeners, pocket knives, and agricultural, scientific, industrial, and sports (or similar) tools, in addition to replica firearms. The usage of digital cigarettes (e-cigarettes), electronic cigars, and digital pipes are illegal in the cottage. Lighters might just be brought on board to your person.
Items Prohibited In The The Cabin And Hold
Both the ICAO and IATA think about all substances and materials which, by their nature, can pose a threat to air transportation as objects prohibited from being carried in either assessed or hand luggage *.
These goods are:
- Briefcases fitted with alert devices
- Compressed gases (refrigerant, flammable, toxic and non-flammable) such as butane, oxygen, liquid ammonia, camping gas and pollutants for breathing apparatuses
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighters and fuel to the same, matches, paints and solvents
- Bottles of liquids even though perfectly packaged, such as wine, oil, and vinegar
- Other harmful Things like substances that are magnetic, noxious, toxic or irritating or that have an unpleasant odor, oxidants such as bleaching powders along with peroxides
- Poisons and infectious substances, pesticides, pesticides and materials using pathogenic agents
- Radioactive substances
- Alarm apparatus and any lithium batteries installed to power them
- Underwater flashlights containing batteries
The U.S.A. NOTICE - HAZARDOUS MATERIALS RESTRICTIONS: Federal law forbids the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft on your bag or on your person. Hazardous materials include explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials.
Liquids On Board
The European Union and also the ENAC have adopted safety measures that limit the number of liquid substances transported on your hand baggage beyond the airport security gates and onboard.
These measures apply to all passengers leaving for any destination in airports within the European Union along with Norway, Iceland, and Switzerland.
The following are regarded as fluids: gels, pastes (e.g. toothpaste), lotions, and combinations of solid/liquid materials, contents of containers (e.g. shaving foam), hair gel, drinks, soups, jams, syrups, perfumes, shaving, aerosols, and other products with a similar consistency.
Substances Classed As Liquid
As of January 31, 2014, new guidelines come into force concerning the transport of liquids which may be brought on board. You may:
- Carry a small amount of liquid within your hand baggage in containers no larger than 100 kg or equivalent (100 gram ). The containers have to be placed into sealable transparent plastic bags with a capacity not exceeding 1 l or approximately 18 x 20 cm in size. Every passenger may carry on only one such plastic tote
- Carry medication and foodstuffs for special diets, such as infant food; you may be asked to establish their authenticity as well as your requirement for these items
- Carry liquids bought at the obligation of any airline or airport. The duty-free liquid and reception must be sealed in the time of purchase at a safety bag that must be opened before the last destination.
- If You've Got a connecting flight in a different airport, then inform the security personnel so that the liquids can be resealed in a fresh security bag
- All other liquids, aerosols, and dyes have to be set in hold baggage. To find out more, we suggest you to visit the web site of the airport you are departing from.
- Animal-derived foodstuffs (meat, milk, or goods based on meat or milk) can be carriers of germs in charge of infectious diseases from animals.
- There are strict veterinary controls and procedures governing the introduction of those products in the EU. Travelers must introduce these merchandise for official evaluations.
- More info can be found from local health jurisdictions.
- Baggage On Flights Operated From Other Partner Companies
- For codeshare flights, please visit the web site of the Partner Company operating the flight.
Code Share Flights
To get codeshare flights, the baggage coverage of the Partner Carrier managing the flight uses during the travel itinerary if completely controlled by the Partner. To find out more on the luggage coverage for connecting flights operated by different carriers
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Are you planning to fly with Alitalia Airlines? Find solution's you need to know about Alitalia Airlines baggage allowance, fees and charges and restrictions.
Alitalia Airlines passengers are permitted to bring on-board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the Alitalia Airlines overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimetres in combined width, length and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the Alitalia Airlines overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Baggage must meet carry on size limits of Alitalia Airlines.
Due to limited overhead space, Alitalia Airlines passengers travelling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on-board the Alitalia Airlines aircraft.
Limits apply on certain routes. Visit the Alitalia Airlines website for more information.
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage.
However, this varies across airports. Visit the Alitalia Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with Alitalia Airlines, the most common fees for passengers travelling in a domestic, Alitalia Airlines may charge some of the extra fees for extra baggage the information given on Alitalia Airlines official site https://www.alitalia.com/en_en/.
This may wary between routes. Visit the Alitalia Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with Alitalia Airlines, separate excess baggage fees are applied for each limitation you exceed size, weight and quantity. Generally, this varies between geographic regions. Please visit the Alitalia Airlines website for more information and exact fees.
Alitalia Airlines permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on Alitalia Airlines flights. Due to the size of baggage, some of the items may be counted as a standard checked bags. However, Alitalia Airlines will be considered as overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by Alitalia Airlines. Please visit the Alitalia Airlines website directly.
Alitalia Airlines on and bringing pets on board.
Dogs, cats and household birds (birds are only allowed on domestic Italy flights) can be carried on-board for $125 one way to/ from most destinations. The fee is $200 for travel outside the Italy.
The pets must fit within a carrier box that, in turn, fits under the seat in front. The carrier counts as one piece of Alitalia Airlines carry-on luggage.
Alitalia Airlines carry on and Alitalia Airlines prohibited items.
Items that are not permitted in your Alitalia Airlines flights cabin baggage include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7,