Find the complete guide of the Aeroflot Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy. Aeroflot Airlines baggage policy and allowance baggage policy, allowance, fees, restrictions, and charges.
Headquarter – Russia
PJSC Aeroflot popularly aka, Aeroflot – Russian flag carrier and the largest carrier of the Russian federation. Aeroflot is an open joint stock company that manages domestic and international passenger and services, the main hub at Sheremetyevo International Airport.
The Aeroflot Airlines is one of the oldest players in the world, tracing back the history to 1923. During the Soviet era, Aeroflot was the national airline and the largest airline on the globe. Following the liquefaction of the USSR, the airlines have been transformed from a state-run organization into a semi-privatised company which holds its rank number 19 most profitable airline in the world in 2007.
Aeroflot is still considered as the national airline of Russia. 51 percent of the stocks are owned by the Russian Government. As per a survey, Aeroflot controlled roughly 40% of the air market in Russia.
The airline has entered on a fleet modernization programme, extensive route recreating and an image service. Aeroflot joined SkyTeam in 2006 and became the 10th member of the alliance.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Aeroflot Carry-On Baggage Allowances
- The carry-on baggage allowances according to service class and per passenger to service class on regular Aeroflot PJSC flights;
- Economy class and comfort class – one baggage piece – should not be in weight more than 10kg;
- Business class – one baggage piece – weight should not excess 15kg.
- The maximum dimensions for one carry-on baggage should be: 55cm x 40cm x 25cm.
- Passengers are allowed to carry the following items can be taken on board as carry-on items (per passenger) in excess of the accepted allowance and without any extra charges:
- a rucksack, (weight and total dimensions should not exceeding 5kg and 80cm respectively), or a handbag,or a briefcase;
- a bouquet of flowers;
- baby food to be eaten during the flight;
- a suit bag;
- a device to carry a child (a bassinet, restraint systems, or a foldable stroller with maximum dimensions of 42 x 50 x 20 cm);
- medicine and special dietary item required during the journey;
- crutches, walking sticks, walking frames, folding wheelchairs, removable prosthetic limbs, portable oxygen concentrators (allowed dimensions: 55x40x20cm) that are needed by the passenger and can be safely placed in the cabin;
- goods purchased at duty-free shops in the airport, packed in a single sealed plastic bag, with total dimensions not exceeding 115cm.
Special Carriage Terms for Aeroflot Carry-on Baggage Items
- Passengers may take one of the following items of carry-on baggage (one piece), that complies with the weight allowance as per the class;
- one musical instrument whose total dimensions should not be more than 135cm;
- one guitar whose total dimensions exceed 135cm upon the approval from the Contact Centre;
- one tennis/squash racket in a bag;
- one badminton set consisting of two rackets and three shuttlecocks in a single baggage.
Apart from these items are not permitted.
Baggage Allowance and Fees
Are you planning to fly with Aeroflot Airlines? Find solution's you need to know about Aeroflot Airlines baggage allowance, fees and charges and restrictions.
Aeroflot Airlines passengers are permitted to bring on-board the aircraft one piece of cabin baggage, plus one personal item, such as a briefcase, camera bag or small backpack. Your carry-on baggage should fit into the Aeroflot Airlines overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
Carry-on baggage cannot exceed 114 centimetres in combined width, length and height; this includes any wheels and handles– with the exception of some of the musical instruments that fit in the Aeroflot Airlines overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding.
Baggage must meet carry on size limits of Aeroflot Airlines.
Due to limited overhead space, Aeroflot Airlines passengers travelling on flights with 50 seats or less are only permitted to carry one personal item on-board the Aeroflot Airlines aircraft.
Limits apply on certain routes. Visit the Aeroflot Airlines website for more information.
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage.
However, this varies across airports. Visit the Aeroflot Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with Aeroflot Airlines, the most common fees for passengers travelling in a domestic, Aeroflot Airlines may charge some of the extra fees for extra baggage the information given on Aeroflot Airlines official site https://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en.
This may wary between routes. Visit the Aeroflot Airlines website for more information.
When travelling with Aeroflot Airlines, separate excess baggage fees are applied for each limitation you exceed size, weight and quantity. Generally, this varies between geographic regions. Please visit the Aeroflot Airlines website for more information and exact fees.
Aeroflot Airlines permit a wide range of sporting equipment and special baggage on Aeroflot Airlines flights. Due to the size of baggage, some of the items may be counted as a standard checked bags. However, Aeroflot Airlines will be considered as overweight or oversized items. As such, charges and certain restrictions will apply by Aeroflot Airlines. Please visit the Aeroflot Airlines website directly.
Aeroflot Airlines on and bringing pets on board.
Dogs, cats and household birds (birds are only allowed on domestic Russia flights) can be carried on-board for $125 one way to/ from most destinations. The fee is $200 for travel outside the Russia.
The pets must fit within a carrier box that, in turn, fits under the seat in front. The carrier counts as one piece of Aeroflot Airlines carry-on luggage.
Aeroflot Airlines carry on and Aeroflot Airlines prohibited items.
Items that are not permitted in your Aeroflot Airlines flights cabin baggage include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7,